Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Leopard Soap Sculpture

 FINAL 









IN PROGRESS


Measurements: white: 6.5" length x 3.4" height x 2.4" width
yellow: 5.6" length x 4.4" height x 2.1" width
materials: soap

For the soap carvings, my animal was a leopard. I did not include ears due to the fear of them breaking off before they were turned in. I included a wire tail on the white leopard but it was more difficult than I expected to recover the tail with the liquified soap bar mixture, but the wire did make it easy to form the curved angle of the tail. I used metal scraping tools to take away large chunks of the sculptures. I found that adding the last bit of detail like the fur, the eyes and face, and the toes made the soap sculpture seem the most life like in the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment