Thursday, April 27, 2017

Mimento

FINAL








IN PROGRESS

Dimension: approx. 2.5" height  x  5" length x  3" width
Materials: tracing paper, water

Statement:
I created the boob by wetting tracing paper and forming the shape in my hands. I then let the piece dry out in my car for several days to soak up the moisture. 
I created this moment piece to represent a single breast. The boob was to represent my moms battle with breast cancer. She was diagnosed my sophomore year of high school and ended up having to fight for her life. I create the "ideal" boob which is what normal women every day complain about. Women never seem to be happy with the size, shape, form, or overall appearance of their boobs. It is something most women take for granted. Whereas women who are battling breast cancer have their female parts taken from them without any say. These women who are fighting the disease only crave to be normal and have the "ideal" boob, where they see them as a treasure, and regular women take them for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment