Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Masking Tape Shoes

FINAL


IN PROGRESS




Measurements: Approx. left: 9.2" length x 2.8" height x 4.3" width 
right: 9.3" length x 3.1" height x 4.8" width

For my masking tape shoes I decided to replicate a pair of my own Keds. I've worn Keds all my life while growing up and for me they are and always will be a timeless shoe. I took a pair I've had for years and completely tore them apart. I thought It would be easiest to remake the shoe by tracing each piece that made up the shoe. Tracing allowed access to the specific thickness of each part of the shoe. I used rolled up masking tape to create the thick sole of the shoe, this also added a bit of "realistic" weight to the shoe. For the laces I folded the masking tape in half and then half again to create the flat rectangular shape of the original laces. 




No comments:

Post a Comment